Saturday, September 28, 2013

Childhood on a Disc

I'm sure there are some here that will understand this.

When I think of "Windows," "Microsoft" or "computer game," I immediately think of XP. It's interesting how large an impact something like that can make on a person. Windows XP wasn't the genesis of the Windows operating systems, but it was my operating system. It was the one I learned on, it was the one I gamed on when I was a kid, and it was the one I reluctantly gave up for a more modern system (Windows 7 Pro, seen reflecting in the background). When I am older, and I think back on my childhood, I'll have plenty of memories to relish, but one of the fondest will be of something rather utilitarian and simple. I will never forget the sound of fans spinning up, a hard drive clicking away, and the boot up sound of good old Windows XP.

No comments:

Post a Comment